With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s around the corner, many of us are thinking about the holidays. I’ve already talked to some people who are doing some “holiday weight prevention” strategies. They know themselves well!
According to Brian Wansink, Cornell Food and Brand Lab Director and author of Mindless Eating and Slim by Design, people the world over gain the most weight during the holidays. They frequently gain 5 – 10 pounds and then they take 5 – 8 months to get the holiday weight gain off! He says,
“Everyone gains weight over the holidays; Americans, Germans, Japanese. Instead of making a New Year’s Resolution, make an October resolution. It’s easier to avoid holiday pounds altogether than to lose them after they happen.”
It’s so much easier to make a plan ahead of time and feel good (even great) during the holiday season! And I, for one, think it’s not that hard to watch your weight without losing your mind, even during the holidays.
That’s why I created my “Healthy Mama’s Healthy Holidays” online program, to support people in enjoying the holiday season to the max without gaining extra weight. The full details of the program are on the Books and Programs page, but in sum, here’s what the program entails:
- 5 meal plans and recipes, designed to help you surround yourself with healthy foods and make it easier to eat healthily.
- 6 modules on health topics like how to set up your kitchen to support you, meal planning like a pro, how to be “slim by design”, how to handle social situations without overeating, how to approach and plan December well, self care practices, and how to deal with our culture’s obsession with weight and size and what beauty is supposed to mean.
- Tools and techniques that go along with each module.
- A private Facebook group for daily social support.
- Private coaching sessions for people who choose the coaching package.
All in all, you can have the best holiday season of your life and feel physically great. When New Year’s Day comes, you won’t have to “recover” from the holidays and you won’t have to set resolutions revolving around losing weight you gained over the holidays. Imagine how nice it would be to wake up on January 1, 2018 feeling great! That’s the goal of the program, and a very do-able one at that.
For more information about the program, see ChristinaAlbrecht.com. Sign up for my Top 3 Tips for a Healthier Holiday Season in the sidebar to get a series of emails that will help you better enjoy the holidays. In the final email is a link for a special discount to thank those who read the emails.