(KUTV) A report by KUTV news has one psychologist talking about some mistakes that could potential hamper missionaries on their missions.
KUTV interviewed Dr. Gary Taylor, who spent 40 years in practice as a psychologist, and recently served two LDS missions as an area health advisor. In that interview Dr. Taylor talks about missionaries all respond differently to what he calls the three “Rs” they will face. Those are: Routine, Rejection and Restriction. That’s why Taylor says future missionaries need to prepare not only physically and spiritually, but mentally.
Here’s his top 10 list:
- Having unrealistic expectations.
- Worrying about things you can’t control.
- Thinking and speaking in absolutes, such as “I have to” or “I need to.”
- Focusing on the negative rather than the positive.
- Failing to see the big picture.
Read the rest of the list and story on KUTV.com