Dating Advice for Men
1. Always open the door
2. Be yourself
3. Give genuine compliments. If you don’t mean it, don’t say it. She can tell when you are just blabbing for the sake of blabbing.
4. PDA is perfectly acceptable but don’t go overboard with friends/family around
6. Look for her spiritual beauty. No matter what she looks like, I promise she’ll be more attractive when you see this
7. Pay for the meal…it’s that simple
8. For crying out loud, BRUSH YOUR TEETH!
9. Don’t lie. Just don’t…
10. But don’t go out of your way to bring every skeleton you have out of the closet on the first date. Everyone has little issues in their pasts, no need to bring everything out to the forefront on the first date.
12. Be confident!
13. If you’re not confident, find and do everything you can to get as much confidence as possible. Even if it gives you pseudo confidence and only for a short period of time, do it!
14. When you do text her, put more than 3 seconds of thought into it. Just texting back “k” is simply being lazy.
15. Don’t tell her what you think she wants to hear. Just tell her how you feel.
16. Stop trying so hard.
17. But make sure you do try.
18. Don’t take a date to a place that you will be uncomfortable. If she is going to see who you are, you need to put yourself in a position to show her that person.
20. Don’t cake yourself in cologne. She can’t fall in love if she is choking and can’t breathe. Just a tad is good enough
21. Don’t go on a blind date with a mission buddy. Trust me, it’s just a bad idea.
22. Learn to be self-deprecating when embarrassing things happen to you. Laugh it off and trust me, the girl most likely will find it endearing. Just expect something to go wrong and when it does, don’t freak out about it, just use it as another shared humorous moment that the two of you can share together.
23. Don’t exaggerate what you do for work or make up seemingly impressive stories. See #2
25. It’s okay to be emotionally vulnerable. Putting yourself out there is just part of game. You cannot have a successful long lasting relationship if you are emotionally detached from it.
26. If you are shy, join clubs and associations that involve things that you love. Shyness usually only comes about because you are uncomfortable with the situation or the topics being discussed. See #13.
27. First impressions matter!
28. It’s okay to spend more than 30 seconds getting ready for a date. Plus getting ready helps to exude confidence.
29. If you like her, don’t be afraid to tell her.
30. Be creative with your dating activities.
31. Be spontaneous.
32. Eyes up front. Not at your phone, not randomly wondering somewhere in the universe and especially not at someone else. She’s your date and deserves your respect and attention so show her some attention.
33. Mutual Respect. Respect your date as much as you respect yourself and vice-versa. Both parties deserve it.
34. Don’t say you’ll call her if you never intend to call. See #8
35. Being romantic is a good thing
36. Every once in a while, do something “cute” for her.
37. Write a personal, handwritten note to her and leave it on her car every once in a while
38. Choose activities that will engage her with you and vice versa. Watching movies over and over again just doesn’t cut it.