I remember when I was a teenager my mom gave me the book “Chicken Soup For the Teenage Soul”. I loved this book! It had all kinds of little places to journal and cute feel good stories to read but my favorite was a list of “Why Guys Like Girls”. It was the cutest list I had ever read and I wanted to find a guy that thought about me just like the guys in this list! Sadly I don’t have my book anymore, I’m not sure what happened to it between all my moves to school and getting married but I did find the list that I loved so much online. (And yes after being married for 7 years, I still feel all gitty when I read this list and I do feel like my husband could have written it!!) And don’t worry I also found a list in my search that I really liked called “Why Girls Like Guys”. So get ready to think “awwww!” They are cheesy but so worth it 🙂
Why Guys Like Girls (Found in” Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 2″)
1. They always smell good, even if it’s just shampoo.
2. The way their heads always find the right spot on your shoulder.
3. The ease with which they fit into your arms.
4. The ways they kiss you and all of the sudden everything is right in the world.
5. How cute they are when they eat.
6. The way they take hours to dress but in the end it’s all worthwhile.
7. Because they’re always warm even when it’s minus thirty degrees outside.
8. The way they look good no matter what they wear.
9. The way they fish for compliments.
10. How cute they are when they argue.
11. The way their hands always fit yours.
12. The way they smile.
13. The way you feel when you see their names on the caller ID just after you had a big fight.
14. The way they say, “Let’s not fight anymore” even though you know an hour later….
15. They way they kiss when you do someting nice for them.
16. The way they kiss you when you say “I love you.”
17. Actually, just the way they kiss you…
18. The way they fall into your arms when they cry.
19. The way they apologize for crying over something silly.
20. The way they hit you and expect it to hurt.
21. Then the way they apologize when it does hurt ( even though we won’t admit it ).
22. The way they say, “I miss you.”
23. The way you miss them.
24. The way their tears make you want to change the world so it doesn’t hurt them anymore.
Why Girls Like Guys
This list was compiled by Kimberly Kirberger
1. They always wear your favorite cologne (which happens to be the one that you bought for them for their birthday).
2. The way they run their fingers through your hair.
3. That look they give you that makes you just want to die right then and there.
4. The way they kiss your tears away.
5. The way they get mad when they can’t make your problem go away.
6. The way they show off around their friends, even though you know you would love him if he missed a basket or two.
7. The way they make it their personal mission to ensure that you are never cold.
8. That confused look they get on their faces when you are mad at them – guaranteed to make your heart melt and the anger fade away.
9. They way they always let you win any game you play together.
10. … And when you point this out to them they pretend not to know what you are talking about.
11. That smile they flash that can make your stomach drop to your feet.
12. The way they call to apologize after you had a big fight.
13. The way they touch and hold you so gently, as if they are afraid they will break you.
14. The way they say, “I love you.”
15. The way they would die before saying “I love you” in front of their friends.
16. The way they kiss you.
17. The way they kiss you after making up from a fight.
18. The way they hold you when you are crying.
19. The way they think they are your big protector.
20. The way they say, “I miss you,” even though they hate to admit it.
21. The way you miss everything about them when they are gone.
22. The way they comfort you when you have had a bad day.
23. They way they write you love letters even if they think it’s uncool.
24. Regardless of whether you love them, hate them, wish they would die or know that you would die without them… it matters not. Because once they enter your life, whatever you were to the world, they become everything to you. When you look them in the eyes, traveling to the depths of their souls and you say a million things without even speaking, you know that your own life is consumed by their love. We love them for a million reasons; it is a thing, an indescribable feeling.
You can get your copy of Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 2 here at Amazon.com